Sunday, October 12, 2008

RSS feeds

Well it's Sunday night and I still haven't finished the ironing and I still haven't managed to sort out the RSS feeds thing!
I did go to Bloglines, and set up an account, and found a number of feeds that interested me, but I only managed to get The Powerhouse Museum's picture of the day blog, onto my blog ( that was last Thursday!) but that's the only one!
Guess I'll have to go back and try again! and again!
I am finding this task a bit difficult as I'm still in the dark ages with dial-up Internet at home and only work part-time in my Library therefore it is often difficult to find the time to cover this during my working hours!

I have added a picture to my profile tonight, so feel I have achieved something!
Stay tuned to if I get there or if RSS gets the better of me.

The other feeds added to my bloglines account besides the Powerhouse Museum's Picture of the Day were :
Bloglines News (10) (0)
librarian.net (0) (0)
Library Stuff (3) (0)
ResourceShelf (1) (0)
The Shifted Librarian (0) (0)

But in fairness to RSS, yes I can see this tool being very useful to library in a number of ways, especially as it can give world wide access to current issues for any topic collected together.
It's very easy to get side-tracked on lots of interesting articles!

No comments: