Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wiki week - finally got back to finish it!

Well I have been a bit lazy the last week or so - so now its time to catch up & finish Wiki week -- I did eventually get the invite key so I could edit the NSW learning 2.0 wiki - so yes, I did added a little paragraph about one of the areas I work in! hope you find it?

I also got carried away editing a few Wikipedia entries once I got the hang of it! I have added links to two of them on the side bar. The entry for Lane Cove did have a section for the Library but it hadn't moved past the plans for a new library in 2004 - so of course, it had to get updated because I hope you do realise that the big hole in the ground in my video clip is going to be the wonderful new library coming to Lane Cove!

Then I had a look at the entry for the suburb of Gladesville and was surprised to find that there wasn't any history on that entry at all -- so I also had to add a little bit, as I know about how it got its name! and I also added a link to the web page for the local historical society that covers Gladesville.

I also did a few minor edits on some of my favourite author's entries -- but decided this could become addictive and I have to move on the the next bit of unfinished Web 2.0 learning!

PS. the one thing I couldn't find, when I was editing Wikis was a spell check! so I hope my fingers typed all the right letters!

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Wow, sounds like you really enjoyed the Wikipedia adventure.
And re the spelling /typos - I guess that's the beauty of wikis, someone else will come along and edit them!!
Kathleen A.

coviesblog said...

YES I did enjoy it and it did give me the confidence to add or change anything in the entries!